TJA provides a full transportation planning service, which continues to approach development problems in a professional and innovative way. The Transportation Section utilises the latest transport modelling software, and is at the forefront of Central Government Transport Policy, applying the ideas to our clients needs.
TJA keeps to the forefront of developing transport policies and constantly reviews how best to apply these policies to suit our clients’ requirements particularly in relation to Transport Assessments, which often form a major element of planning applications.
Areas of work undertaken include:
- Pre-Purchase advice;
- Initial advice on the feasibility of a development in transport terms, including options for achieving access;
- Design of site access and internal layout arrangements, providing advice on car parking and, servicing
- Auto track vehicle swept path assessments;
- Advice on the implications of national and local policy on transport and land use planning relating to new developments.
- Preparation of Transport Assessments and Statements to support planning applications in accordance with PPG13 and the design of off-site highway improvements;
- Advice on the level of financial contributions required for transport-related measures inSection 106 and 278 Agreements.
- Preparation of Green Travel Plans;
- Provision of expert witnesses to prepare and give evidence at Local Plan and Planning Appeal Inquiries
- Assessing safety implications
- Minimising financial outlay whilst maximising commercial benefits
TJA has prepared Transport Assessments for a wide range of developments throughout the British Isles including residential, retail, industrial, leisure and mixed developments.